LIVESTREAM 10AM SUNDAY MORNING
The spread the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has caused fear and anxiety, even among believers. Scripture is clear that God has given us a spirit of love, not fear, and that He, ultimately, is in control, trustworthy, and good. May we experience peace in the midst of these circumstances as we dwell on the truth of God and His sovereignty.
This does not mean we should be careless or reactionary, but rather be aware and work together to serve our church and community, and do so in a spirit that demonstrates trust in our God who is in control and points people to the hope we have in Jesus Christ.
Our pastors have been closely tracking the news of the Coronavirus locally, nationally, and globally. While there are no confirmed cases in Lincoln, we know that may rapidly change, and we want to take precautionary measures to prevent the transmission of COVID-19 and reducing the risk of the virus in our community.
As of this evening, we are canceling our Sunday service, events, and ministries until further notice. Our parenting conference will be postponed. Community Group meetings will be left to the discretion of its leaders and individuals. However, no one should feel obligated to attend Community Group gatherings if they do not feel comfortable doing so. We want everyone to take the precautions they feel are necessary.
Please continue taking individual precautions to protect yourself and others:
- Avoid close contact with anyone who may be sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are feeling sick; exercise discernment.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, before entering a gathering, after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Washing your hands with soap and water is superior to utilizing hand sanitizer when it comes to preventing the spread of infectious diseases. However, hand sanitizer should also be utilized if hand washing is not available.
Finally, we ask for your prayers for our world and community, specifically for those who are directly impacted by this virus. We are very thankful that our great source of peace and hope is in Jesus Christ, and pray we exercise faith through these times of uncertainty.
Although we cannot meet as a congregation, we plan to livestream our Malachi series for the next few weeks.
Should you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com.